
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Brady Thomas Wright arrives!
We checked into the hospital around 10:30 pm on November 8th once my contractions started. I was only dialated about 1 cm, so we waited to see if I would progress or need to go on Pitocin. The contractions weren't too strong and fairly manageable; however, they were in my back which started to become very uncomfortable around 3am. This is when we called in the anesthesiologist and I got my epidural... what a lifesaver :) The nurses started the pitocin around 4am... but when the doctor came to check me around 7am, I was still only dialated about 1cm. She was able to massage the cervix and get me to 3cm which kicked things into gear. The nurse checked me again around 10:30am and it was time to start pushing since I was at 10cm. After 2 hours of pushing... Brady Thomas Wright was born at 12:23pm!! He weighed 6 lbs 4 oz and was 18.75 inches long. All in all... labor and delivery went pretty smoothly - God answered all our prayers!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment