Monday, March 14, 2011

35 week baby update

I went to see my OB today and she did an ultrasound and confirmed that the baby is head down!! We were so relieved considering she has been transverse and breach thus far. It's amazing how much more comfortable I am too!

We had a bit of a scare this last week. Our whole family came down with the stomach flu. I unfortunately got it the day Ben had to leave for Phoenix for a business trip. It got really bad in the early evening... I couldn't keep anything down. I started having contractions that became pretty painful by about midnight. I called my doctor and she said I needed to get to the ER. We are so fortunate to have Tom & Judy so close. They were able to get to my house within the hour - Tom stayed with Brady and Judy came with me to the ER. I was admitted and brought up to labor and delivery where they checked the contractions, ran a bunch of tests, checked my cervix and "tried to start an IV of fluids". I was severely dehydrated which is known to cause contractions. In addition, because I was so dehydrated it took a couple nurses and several attempts to get the IV in because my veins kept collapsing. Once I got the fluids and electolytes, I quickly recovered. Ben was able to fly back from Phoenix on the first morning flight and I was discharged around 7am. Luckily everything else checked out okay and after a day of rest, I was feeling much better.

We are hoping the next few weeks go smoothly!

No comments: